Toffee fudge and strawberry cheesecake
- July 2008
- 75g butter, melted, plus extra for greasing
- 250g HobNobs biscuits
- 250g vanilla fudge
- 300g mascarpone
- 400ml double cream, softly whipped
- 250g strawberries, quartered
- 2 tsp icing sugar
- Lightly butter a 23cm springform cake tin. Pulse the biscuits to crumbs in a food processor. Add the melted butter and pulse until combined and clumped together. Tip into the base of the tin and press down evenly. Chill.
- Meanwhile, put 200g of the fudge in a large bowl and melt in a microwave for 1 minute on High, until it forms a soft paste (or alternatively melt in a pan over a very low heat). Cool slightly. Beat the mascarpone in a bowl with a wooden spoon until soft, add to the melted fudge and mix until combined. Gently fold in the whipped cream.
- Chop the remaining fudge into small chunks and stir into the filling. Spoon over the chilled biscuit base, smoothing the top. Cover and chill for 6 hours or overnight – the fudge will set the cheesecake.
- Meanwhile, put the strawberries in a bowl and toss with the icing sugar. Set aside to macerate for 20 minutes.
- Once the cheesecake is set, run a knife all around to loosen and remove the springform collar. Slide onto a serving plate and spoon over the strawberries to serve.
Rate & review
Or, how about...?
Baked vanilla and lemon cheesecake with marinated strawberries
Our baked cheesecake recipe is a favourite summer dessert: it looks impressive and is easy...
More food for thought...
Subscribe to our magazine
Subscribe to delicious. magazine for HALF PRICESubscribe
Join our newsletter
Packed with menu ideas, recipes, latest competitions and more...