Bavarian cream with kirsch cherries
- November 2005
- Serves 4
- Takes 15 minutes to make, plus chilling
Give yourself a treat with this delectable German cream and kirsch cherries dessert recipe.
- Gluten-free recipes
- 400g cherries, stoned
- 75ml kirsch
- 1 vanilla pod, split
- 250ml milk
- 5 gelatine leaves
- 2 egg yolks
- 40g caster sugar
- 250ml double cream, whipped
- Marinate the cherries in the kirsch.
- Scrape the seeds from the vanilla pod into a pan. Add the milk, a pinch of salt and the vanilla pod and slowly bring to the boil. Remove from the heat. Leave to infuse for 10 minutes.
- Soften the gelatine leaves in about 3 tablespoons of warm water.
- Beat the egg yolks and sugar until thick. Remove and discard the pod from the milk and gradually mix the milk into the egg mixture. Return to the pan and heat gently, stirring, as it comes just to the boil. Remove from the heat. Add the gelatine, stirring until it has dissolved.
- Whip the cream until it forms soft peaks, then fold into the custard before it sets. Pour into 4 x 150ml ramekins. Chill for 4 hours until set.
- Turn out the creams by dipping the bases briefly in warm water. Decorate with the kirsch cherries.
Rate & review