Boozy fruit parcels
- September 2014
- Serves 4
- Hands-on time 10 min, campfire time 20-25 min
This fruit parcel recipe works well with any in-season fruits. We recommend using a mixture of sweet and sharp.
- 0.2g (no saturated)
- 24.5g (24.5g sugars)
- 4 ripe peaches or nectarines
- 200g blackberries
- 3 tbsp demerara sugar
- Good glug brandy or rum
- Double cream and shortbread or buttery biscuits to serve
- Take 4 sheets of foil and fold each one in half. Halve the peaches or nectarines, remove the stones, then slice into wedges. Divide among the foil sheets along with the blackberries. Scatter with sugar and drizzle with brandy or rum, then close the foil to form parcels.
- Put the parcels in the fire’s embers or barbecue coals (or in an oven heated to 160°C/fan140°C/gas 3). Cook for 20-25 minutes until soft and bubbling. Serve with cream and biscuits to dunk or crumble over.
Rate & review