Chargrilled tropical fruits
- August 2006
- Serves 8
- Takes 30 minutes to make, 5-6 minutes to barbecue, plus cooling and chilling
An fruit dessert recipe for the barbecue. Serve with oozy orange syrup and indulgent cream.
- Vegetarian recipes
- 17g (9.1g saturated)
- 53.6g (51.3g sugar)
- 200g caster sugar, plus extra
- Juice of 2 oranges (about 175ml)
- 250g tub mascarpone
- 150ml coconut cream
- Seeds of 1 vanilla pod
- 3 tbsp icing sugar
- 8 thick slices peeled fresh pineapple
- 8 small mango cheeks, skin on
- 4 peaches, halved and stoned
- On the hob, slowly melt the caster sugar in a pan over a medium heat until dark amber. Take off the heat and carefully add the orange juice. Return to the heat and stir until the caramel melts again. Cool and set aside until needed.
- Beat the mascarpone, coconut cream, vanilla seeds and icing sugar until smooth. Chill until required.
- Sprinkle the extra caster sugar to taste on the cut side of the fruit (or 1 side of the pineapple), shaking off any excess. Barbecue the pineapple and mango directly over a medium heat for 5-6 minutes, and the peaches for 3-4 minutes, until lightly charred.
- Arrange the fruit on a plate and serve with the orange syrup and coconut cream.
Rate & review
Or, how about...?
Mango dessert recipes
Mango baked in coconut sugar and kaffir lime with coconut ice cream
”This is a great end to a spicy meal. It makes more ice cream than...
Frozen dessert recipes
Banana and coconut no-churn ice cream with brandy and caramel sauce
Creamy banana ice-cream topped with a boozy caramel sauce; the ultimate luxurious dessert.