Cheat’s prawn gumbo
- November 2009
- 200g pack smoked bacon lardons
- 125g okra, halved
- 382g jar Discovery Creole Season & Sauce
- 250g pack cooked basmati rice
- 400g large cooked and peeled prawns
- Handful fresh coriander, leaves picked
- Heat a large, deep frying pan over a medium-high heat. Add the smoked bacon lardons and cook, stirring, for 3 minutes until golden. Add the okra and stir-fry for 2 minutes more. Add the seasoning from the jar of Creole Season & Sauce and cook, stirring, for 30 seconds. Add the sauce, three-quarters fill the jar with water and add to the pan.
- Bring to the boil, cook for 1 minute, then stir in the cooked basmati rice (separate the grains with a fork) and prawns. Simmer for 2 minutes until piping hot throughout.
- Garnish with fresh coriander leaves and serve with warm crusty bread or corn bread, if you like.
Serve with warm crusty bread or corn bread, if you like.
Rate & review
Or, how about...?
Sweet potato gumbo with cornbread
Gumbo is the quintessential Deep South dish. Simon Rimmer’s vegetarian version is made with sweet...
A classic from the American south, this tasty rice dish is made with chicken, prawns...
Subscribe to our magazine
Subscribe to delicious. magazine for HALF PRICESubscribe
Join our newsletter
Packed with menu ideas, recipes, latest competitions and more...