Cheat’s vegetable and ricotta pasties
- September 2008
- Serves 4
- Takes 15 minutes to make and 15-20 minutes to bake
A vegetarian pasty recipe that makes an ideal snack and is super speedy to make when you use shop-bought pastry.
- Vegetarian recipes
- 375g pack ready-rolled puff pastry
- 100g bag young leaf spinach
- 150g ricotta
- 1 large free-range egg, beaten
- 20g freshly grated Parmesan or Grana Padano (or vegetarian alternative)
- 390g can ratatouille, drained
- More beaten egg
- Dressed lettuce, to serve
- Preheat the oven to 220°C/fan200°C/gas 7. Cut the puff pastry evenly into 4 rectangles.
- Put the spinach in a colander and pour over boiling water to wilt. Cool under cold water then really squeeze out the water. Tip into a bowl and mix with ricotta, beaten egg, Parmesan and some seasoning. Gently fold in the ratatouille and season to taste.
- Spoon onto 1 half of each pastry rectangle and brush the edges with beaten egg. Fold the pastry over the filling, seal with a fork and transfer to a baking sheet. Brush with more beaten egg and bake for 15-20 minutes, until risen and golden.
- Cut in half diagonally and serve with some dressed lettuce.
Rate & review
Or, how about...?
Subscribe to our magazine
Subscribe to delicious. magazine for HALF PRICESubscribe
Join our newsletter
Packed with menu ideas, recipes, latest competitions and more...