Chickpea and carrot bulgur wheat salad
- July 2007
- for 8 people
- Ready in 25 minutes
Tuck into this chickpea and carrot bulgur wheat salad as a tasty lunch option or the perfect accompaniment to any main meal.
- Dairy-free recipes
- Vegan recipes
- Vegetarian recipes
Per serving: 177kcals, 7.2g fat (0.9g saturated), 5.3g protein, 23.7g carbs, 2.3g sugar, 0.3g salt
- 150g bulgur wheat, rinsed
- 100g carrots
- Bunch of spring onions, trimmed and sliced on the diagonal
- 410g can chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 4 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
- 4 tbsp lemon juice
- 40g fresh flatleaf parsley, chopped
- Put the bulgur wheat into a pan, pour over 400ml boiling water and place over a medium heat. Simmer, then reduce the heat and cook gently for 10-15 minutes, until just softened. Drain, cool under running water and drain again. Put in a large bowl.
- Meanwhile, cut the carrots on a mandolin into long, thin matchsticks or thinly slice by hand. Add to the bowl with the spring onions and chickpeas. Mix together well.
- Whisk the oil and lemon juice together. Toss through the salad with the parsley just before serving.
Rate & review
Or, how about...?
More food for thought...
Subscribe to our magazine
Subscribe to delicious. magazine for HALF PRICESubscribe
Join our newsletter
Packed with menu ideas, recipes, latest competitions and more...