Chickpea and carrot bulgur wheat salad
- July 2007
- for 8 people
- Ready in 25 minutes
Tuck into this chickpea and carrot bulgur wheat salad as a tasty lunch option or the perfect accompaniment to any main meal.
- Dairy-free recipes
- Vegan recipes
- Vegetarian recipes
Per serving: 177kcals, 7.2g fat (0.9g saturated), 5.3g protein, 23.7g carbs, 2.3g sugar, 0.3g salt
- 150g bulgur wheat, rinsed
- 100g carrots
- Bunch of spring onions, trimmed and sliced on the diagonal
- 410g can chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 4 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
- 4 tbsp lemon juice
- 40g fresh flatleaf parsley, chopped
- Put the bulgur wheat into a pan, pour over 400ml boiling water and place over a medium heat. Simmer, then reduce the heat and cook gently for 10-15 minutes, until just softened. Drain, cool under running water and drain again. Put in a large bowl.
- Meanwhile, cut the carrots on a mandolin into long, thin matchsticks or thinly slice by hand. Add to the bowl with the spring onions and chickpeas. Mix together well.
- Whisk the oil and lemon juice together. Toss through the salad with the parsley just before serving.
Rate & review