Creamy chicken, spinach and pancetta pancakes
- October 2009
- Serves 4
- Takes 10 minutes to make, 30-35 minutes to cook
Use leftover roast chicken and ready-made pancakes to make this speedy savoury pancake recipe. It’s creamy, cheesy and makes a decadent pancake day treat.
- 58.1g (26g saturated)
- 52.7g (10.2g sugars)
- 5 4g
- 1 tbsp olive oil, plus extra for greasing
- 1 onion, chopped
- 100g pancetta or streaky bacon, chopped
- 200g chestnut mushrooms, sliced
- 1 garlic clove, chopped
- 400g portion cooked, shredded chicken
- 300ml ready-made gravy or stock
- 200g crème fraîche
- 100g baby spinach
- 8 ready-made thin pancakes (or make your own with this recipe for perfect pancakes)
- 75g mature Cheddar, grated
- Preheat the oven to 200°C/fan180°C/gas 6. Gently heat the oil in a deep frying pan, add the onion and pancetta and fry for 3-4 minutes until golden. Add the mushrooms, turn up the heat and fry for 3-4 minutes. Add the garlic and fry for another minute.
- Add the chicken, gravy and crème fraîche and bring to a boil. Simmer for 5 minutes until thickened slightly. Stir in the spinach and allow to wilt for 30 seconds. Use to fill 8 pancakes, roll up and lay in an ovenproof dish, top with the cheese and bake for 15-20 minutes until golden. Serve with a salad.
Rate & review
Or, how about...?
More food for thought...
Subscribe to our magazine
Subscribe to delicious. magazine for HALF PRICESubscribe
Join our newsletter
Packed with menu ideas, recipes, latest competitions and more...