Creamy chicken, spinach and pancetta pancakes
- October 2009
- Serves 4
- Takes 10 minutes to make, 30-35 minutes to cook
Use leftover roast chicken and ready-made pancakes to make this speedy savoury pancake recipe. It’s creamy, cheesy and makes a decadent pancake day treat.
- 58.1g (26g saturated)
- 52.7g (10.2g sugars)
- 5 4g
- 1 tbsp olive oil, plus extra for greasing
- 1 onion, chopped
- 100g pancetta or streaky bacon, chopped
- 200g chestnut mushrooms, sliced
- 1 garlic clove, chopped
- 400g portion cooked, shredded chicken
- 300ml ready-made gravy or stock
- 200g crème fraîche
- 100g baby spinach
- 8 ready-made thin pancakes (or make your own with this recipe for perfect pancakes)
- 75g mature Cheddar, grated
- Preheat the oven to 200°C/fan180°C/gas 6. Gently heat the oil in a deep frying pan, add the onion and pancetta and fry for 3-4 minutes until golden. Add the mushrooms, turn up the heat and fry for 3-4 minutes. Add the garlic and fry for another minute.
- Add the chicken, gravy and crème fraîche and bring to a boil. Simmer for 5 minutes until thickened slightly. Stir in the spinach and allow to wilt for 30 seconds. Use to fill 8 pancakes, roll up and lay in an ovenproof dish, top with the cheese and bake for 15-20 minutes until golden. Serve with a salad.
Rate & review