Dijon chicken with mushrooms
- October 2012
- Serves 4
- Ready in 40 minutes
Quick, easy and full-of-flavour. Our midweek chicken recipe is made with white wine, tarragon, dijon mustard and garlic.
Love the combination of chicken and mustard? You should give our honey and mustard baked chicken a go, too.
- 14.8g (5.7g saturated)
- 3.9g (3g sugars)
See Wine Match
- 4 chicken breasts, with skin
- 200g mushrooms
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 1 onion, sliced
- 3 tbsp dijon mustard
- 1 tbsp fresh tarragon, chopped, plus extra to garnish
- 500ml white wine
- A splash of brandy
- A large splash of double cream (optional)
- In a pan, heat a glug of olive oil. Season the chicken breasts, then fry, skin-side down, until golden. Turn over and sear, then set aside.
- Fry the mushrooms, sliced, in the same pan until golden. Add the garlic and onion then cook until soft. Stir in the mustard and tarragon. Add the white wine and a splash of brandy, then bubble for 2 minutes.
- Add the chicken, skin-side up and simmer, uncovered, for 25 minutes stirring now and then. Stir through the cream then garnish with fresh tarragon.
What's the perfect wine match?
Our friends at Majestic Wine recommend Krasno Sauvignon Blanc Ribolla. Venture outside the well loved New Zealand Sauvignon Blanc to Slovenia for this elegant, green apple filled wine. Its touch of herbs brings out the fresh tarragon beautifully.
Use promo code DELICIOUS at checkout to get £10 off when you spend £40 or more.£9.99 | Buy Now See all Sauvignon Blanc
Rate & review
Or, how about...?
Chicken and mushroom fricassée
Transform a ready-roasted chicken into this decadent chicken and mushroom fricassée recipe.
Chicken breast recipes
Raymond Blanc’s chicken and mushrooms in wine sauce
This classic chicken recipe from famous French chef Raymond Blanc, made with morel mushrooms and...
Recipes that will make you excited for autumn
Chicken supremes with wild mushroom and tarragon sauce
Creamy tarragon sauce pairs perfectly with succulent chicken breasts and wild mushrooms in this flavour-packed...