Fragrant maple and lemon rice pudding
- March 2004
- Serves 6
- Takes 10 minutes, plus 1 hour cooking
Treat yourself with this lovely sticky rice pudding recipe flavoured with fresh lemons and maple syrup.
- 750ml milk
- 600ml single cream
- 75g caster sugar
- Small knob of butter
- 150g Thai jasmine rice
- Grated zest and juice of 2 lemons
- 3 tbsp maple syrup, plus extra to serve
- Caster sugar, for dusting
- Preheat the oven to 160°C/140°C/gas 3. Put the milk, cream and sugar in a pan and stir over a gentle heat until the sugar has dissolved. Bring the liquid to the boil.
- Butter a 1.7-litre ovenproof dish and scatter the rice in the bottom. Stir the lemon zest and juice and maple syrup into the milk and pour over the rice. Mix well, cover, then cook for 1 hour, until almost all the liquid has been absorbed and the rice is tender.
- Dust with the sugar and place under a hot grill until brown and bubbling.
Rate & review
Or, how about...?
Granny Brett’s warm vanilla rice pudding with golden syrup
Roy Brett’s creamy vanilla rice pudding is inspired by the version his Granny used to...