Herby mushroom and eggs on toast
- November 2002
- Serves 1
- Hands-on time 5 min, cooking time 5 min
Accompany your poached eggs with some sliced mushrooms coated in Worcestershire sauce, a handful of fresh parsley and finish with cracked black pepper.
- 14g (3.6g saturates)
- 19g (2g sugars)
- 2 eggs
- 1 large mushroom
- Worcestershire sauce, to brush
- 1 slice wholemeal toast
- Fresh herbs, such as parsley and dill, chopped, to sprinkle (optional)
- Bring a pan of water to a gentle simmer. Reduce the heat so the water is just steaming, then create a whirlpool with a spoon. Break the eggs into the water and cook for 2–3 min for runny yolks, or until done to your liking. Meanwhile, brush the mushroom with Worcestershire sauce.
- Top the toast with the mushroom and the eggs, sprinkled with black pepper and the herbs, if using.
Rate & review
Or, how about...?
Chicken and mushrooms on bruschetta
A quick and easy lunch recipe with chicken and mushrooms on griddled garlicky bread.