Herby mushroom and eggs on toast
- November 2002
- Serves 1
- Hands-on time 5 min, cooking time 5 min
Accompany your poached eggs with some sliced mushrooms coated in Worcestershire sauce, a handful of fresh parsley and finish with cracked black pepper.
- 14g (3.6g saturates)
- 19g (2g sugars)
- 2 eggs
- 1 large mushroom
- Worcestershire sauce, to brush
- 1 slice wholemeal toast
- Fresh herbs, such as parsley and dill, chopped, to sprinkle (optional)
- Bring a pan of water to a gentle simmer. Reduce the heat so the water is just steaming, then create a whirlpool with a spoon. Break the eggs into the water and cook for 2–3 min for runny yolks, or until done to your liking. Meanwhile, brush the mushroom with Worcestershire sauce.
- Top the toast with the mushroom and the eggs, sprinkled with black pepper and the herbs, if using.
Rate & review
Or, how about...?
Chicken and mushrooms on bruschetta
A quick and easy lunch recipe with chicken and mushrooms on griddled garlicky bread.
Subscribe to our magazine
Subscribe to delicious. magazine for HALF PRICESubscribe
Join our newsletter
Packed with menu ideas, recipes, latest competitions and more...