Frying pan meatball hotpot
- December 2009
- Serves 4
- Takes 10 minutes to make, 15-20 minutes to cook
Love spaghetti and meatballs but fancy a change? Try mixing it up with this meatball hotpot recipe. You could use beef, lamb or pork meatballs, whatever takes your fancy!
- 30.4g (11.4g saturated)
- 36.1g (6.7g sugar)
- 430g (about 12) beef meatballs
- 150ml red wine
- 1 tbsp fresh thyme leaves, a few reserved to garnish
- 250g cherry tomatoes, halved, or 227g can cherry tomatoes
- 3 tbsp caramelised red onion chutney
- 100ml vegetable stock
- 400g pack roast potatoes, sliced into 1cm thick slices
- 50g mature Cheddar, grated
- Dry-fry the meatballs in a large, non-stick, ovenproof frying pan over a medium heat for 8 minutes, shaking occasionally. Drain off the excess oil.
- Preheat the grill to high. Add the wine, thyme and tomatoes and simmer for 2 minutes. Stir in the chutney and stock and bring to the boil for 1 minute. Season.
- Top with the potatoes and grill for 4-5 minutes until the potatoes begin to crisp. Remove the pan, sprinkle with the cheese and grill for a further 3-4 minutes, until the cheese has melted. Garnish with thyme leaves and serve with savoy cabbage.
Rate & review