Garlic chicken caesar salad
- May 2007
- Serves 4
- Ready in 25 min
Like your caesar salad extra garlicky? This quick and easy recipe for chicken caesar salad includes three cloves of garlic and avocado to make a delicious warm salad.
- Gluten-free recipes
- 4 skinless chicken breasts
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- Zest and juice of 1 lemon
- 3 garlic cloves, chopped
- 2 tablespoons fresh thyme leaves
- 250-255g bag Caesar salad
- 1 small red onion
- 1 large, ripe avocado
- Preheat the grill to medium-high. Place 1 chicken breast in a food bag. Using a rolling pin, lightly bash out the thickest part of the chicken until it’s of an even thickness. Place in a non-metallic bowl. Repeat with the remaining chicken breasts. Pour over the olive oil, lemon zest and juice, the chopped garlic and thyme leaves. Season well, mix and marinate for a couple of min.
- Remove the chicken from the marinade and grill for 12 min, turning halfway, until golden and cooked through.
- Divide the Caesar salad between 4 shallow bowls, setting aside the croutons, Parmesan and dressing sachet. Thinly slice the onion and peel, stone and chop the avocado and scatter both over the salad leaves. Slice the chicken, pile on top, then scatter over the croutons and Parmesan. Drizzle over the dressing to serve.
Rate & review
Or, how about...?
Griddled little gem and ham hock caesar salad
Cooking the little gem lettuce on a griddle adds a wonderful charred flavour to this...
Subscribe to our magazine
Subscribe to delicious. magazine for HALF PRICESubscribe
Join our newsletter
Packed with menu ideas, recipes, latest competitions and more...