Green bean and sesame seed salad
- June 2007
- Serves 6
- Hands on time 15 mins
This green bean salad, served simply with sesame seeds, is an ideal vegetarian side salad and ready in just 15 minutes.
- Dairy-free recipes
- Gluten-free recipes
- Vegetarian recipes
- 5.2g (0.8g saturated)
- 3.7g (2.5g sugars)
- Trace salt
- 500g fine green beans, trimmed
- Small bunch of fresh mint
- Small bunch of fresh flatleaf parsley
- 1 tsp white wine vinegar
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tbsp sesame seeds, toasted
- 1 small red onion, very finely chopped
- Cook the green beans in a large saucepan of boiling water for 4-5 minutes, until tender. Drain well.
- Meanwhile, place the mint and flatleaf parsley in a small food processor and whizz until finely chopped. Add the vinegar and olive oil and some salt and pepper and whizz again, until combined.
- Add the herb dressing to the beans along with the sesame seeds and red onion and toss together well. Set aside to cool, then cover and chill in the fridge until ready to serve.
Rate & review