Herby chicken thighs with pea and mushroom lentils
- February 2014
- Serves 2
- Hands-on time 20 min, oven time 25-30 min
This delicious herby chicken with pea and mushroom lentils makes a tasty shortcut supper with just a few tasty time-savers.
- 4-6 Tesco Finest British free-range chicken thigh fillets (380g), or similar
- 250g Merchant Gourmet Ready to Eat Puy Lentils with Porcini and Thyme, from Tesco, or similar
- 250g Tesco Finest Petit Pois with Leeks and Beech Wood Smoked Pancetta, or similar
You’ll also need…
- Small handful of fresh mint leaves, chopped
- Small handful of fresh parsley leaves, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 2 tbsp olive oil, plus extra to brush
- Splash of chicken stock
- Zest of ½ lemon
- Heat the oven to 180°C/fan160°C/gas 4. In a small bowl, combine the herbs, garlic and the 2 tbsp olive oil, then season well. Unroll the chicken thighs, then coat the underside of each with the herb rub. Roll them up again and secure with string. Brush a little extra oil over the chicken, then transfer to a shallow roasting tray and cook for 25-30 minutes until golden and cooked through.
- Remove the chicken from the oven and cover loosely with foil, then set aside to rest for 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile, mix together the puy lentils and peas in a small saucepan, then add the stock. Cook over a low-medium heat for 5 minutes or until heated through, then stir through the lemon zest and season to taste. Divide the lentil mixture between serving plates, then top with the chicken thighs.
Next time, whizz the peas, leeks and pancetta in a blender with the herbs, garlic and oil, then use to stuff the chicken.
Rate & review
Or, how about...?
Quick chicken recipes
Quick lentil, chicken, spring greens and broccoli soup
A soup recipe that’s anything but boring – this quick shortcut supper is bursting with...