Hot mulled winter punch
- October 2005
- Serves 6
- Hands on time 25 mins
Make the party swing with this delicious mulled winter punch recipe, which is like traditional mulled wine.
- 18 cloves
- 6 large strips of orange zest
- 1 bottle of red wine, such as claret
- Pared zest of 1 lemon
- 3 tbsp Billington’s Demerara Sugar
- 5cm cinnamon stick
- 15g ginger, thinly sliced and bruised
- 2 tbsp orange-flavoured liqueur, such as Grand Marnier or Cointreau
- Push 3 cloves into each strip of orange.
- Mix the clove-studded orange strips and all the other ingredients together in a large pan. Half fill the wine bottle with water and add to the pan or add 375ml water. Bring up to simmering point on the hob. Barely simmer for 15-20 minutes – do not let it boil or all the alcohol will evaporate. Serve in slightly warmed, heatproof cups or glasses.
Rate & review