Individual smoked salmon terrines for Christmas
- December 2008
- Serves 8
- Takes 20 minutes to make, plus chilling
After a classic smoked salmon starter? Make these easy to prepare individual smoked salmon terrines to serve at a dinner party, Christmas or Easter lunch…
The terrines in this recipe are served individually, but if you’re after more of a centrepiece for your table, then make sure you check out our big version, as well as our step-by-step guide to making a salmon terrine.
- Gluten-free recipes
- 28.1g (15g saturated)
- 2.9g (2.6g sugars)
- 500g thinly sliced smoked salmon
- 300g crème fraîche
- 100g cream cheese
- 5 tbsp lemon juice
- 2 tsp finely chopped fennel (optional)
- 3 tbsp olive oil, plus extra for greasing
- 1 tsp caster sugar
- 1 cucumber, thinly sliced
- Finely chopped fresh dill, chopped, plus extra sprigs to garnish
- In a food processor, whizz 200g of the salmon, then add the crème fraîche and cream cheese. Scoop into a bowl and fold in 2 tbsp lemon juice, a pinch of salt, pepper and the fennel, if using.
- Very lightly oil 8 x 100ml moulds or ramekins and line with the remaining slices of smoked salmon, allowing them to hang over the edges. Spoon the pâté between the moulds or ramekins and fold the salmon over to cover. Cover with cling film and chill for 2 hours or overnight.
- Mix the remaining lemon juice, the olive oil and sugar together. Divide the cucumber between plates. Turn the terrines out on the cucumber and garnish each with a dill sprig. Sprinkle the cucumber with the chopped dill and spoon over the dressing.
Watch this handy video to see how the smoked salmon terrines are made:
You can freeze the salmon terrines but not the cucumber and dressing. Cover tightly with clingfilm and freeze until ready to use. Defrost in the fridge fully before serving.
Rate & review
Or, how about...?
Trout terrine with capers, chopped egg, dill and chives
Served with fresh crusty bread and sharp pickled cucumbers, Gill Meller’s trout terrine is studded...
Smoked salmon latkes with Scandinavian horseradish cream
Forget blinis – when it comes to dinner party nibbles, it’s all about these crisp,...
Make-ahead Christmas sides
Don't spend Christmas Day in the kitchen, use...
Make-ahead Christmas dessert recipes
No one wants to be stuck in the...
Easy dinner party mains
Your dinner party will run smoothly with our...
Showstopping salmon recipes
Centrepiece, showpiece, something with the wow-factor. Whatever you...
Salmon starter recipes
From smoked salmon blinis to a stunning choux...
Subscribe to our magazine
Subscribe to delicious. magazine for HALF PRICESubscribe
Join our newsletter
Packed with menu ideas, recipes, latest competitions and more...