Lemongrass prawn laksa noodles
- January 2021
- Serves 1
- Hands-on time 15 min
This healthy, wholesome, low-fat lemongrass prawn laksa recipe really hits the spot on days when you’re fasting or just want to cut down on calories – it comes in at under 275 calories per serving.
Or, try this pepper, spinach and coconut curry, also less than 275 kcal per serving. For more healthy and tasty ways to watch your weight, check out our low-fat recipe and lower-calorie meals collections.
- 5.2g (2.6g saturated)
- 19.3g (17.1g sugars)
- Light cooking oil spray
- 1 shallot, finely sliced
- 1 lemongrass stalk, halved and bashed
- 1 green chilli, sliced
- 1 tbsp laksa paste (or mild curry paste)
- 200ml semi-skimmed milk
- Pinch caster sugar
- 50g green beans, halved
- 100g sustainable raw tiger prawns, deveined
- 100g slim noodles (available from larger supermarkets)
- 50g sugar snap peas, halved
- 1 spring onion, finely sliced
- A few fresh mint and coriander sprigs
- ½ lime for squeezing
- Spray a little oil into a pan, then fry the shallot, lemongrass and most of the chilli for 5 minutes over a medium heat until softened and fragrant. Add the laksa paste and cook for 1 more minute.
- Add the milk, 100ml water, the sugar and green beans to the pan and bring to a simmer. Cook for 3-4 minutes, then add the prawns, noodles and sugar snaps and cook for 1-2 minutes more until the prawns are just cooked. Discard the lemongrass, then add the spring onion, herbs and a little lime juice.
If you’re not watching your calorie intake, use 150g straight-to-wok udon noodles, swap the milk with reduced fat coconut milk, then add 50g frozen soya beans and a handful of beansprouts.
Rate & review
Or, how about...?
Vegan dinner recipes
Butternut squash and cauliflower laksa with rice noodles
The great thing about this vegetarian laksa is that you can easily swap the vegetables...
More food for thought...
Subscribe to our magazine
Subscribe to delicious. magazine for HALF PRICESubscribe
Join our newsletter
Packed with menu ideas, recipes, latest competitions and more...