Mango and lime yogurt cake
- June 2005
- Serves 10
- Takes over 1 hour
Make this mango and lime yogurt cake for a teatime treat. A straightforward recipe where you will definitely be rewarded for your efforts by its scrummy taste.
- 12.5g (2.9g saturated)
- 49.2g (35.4g sugars)
- 0.3g salt
- 125ml sunflower oil, plus extra for greasing
- 125g ready-to-eat dried mango, pineapple or apricots
- Zest and juice of 1 lime
- 125g natural yogurt
- 175g golden caster sugar
- 2 medium eggs, beaten
- 175g plain flour, sifted
- 11/2 tsp baking powder
- 100g icing sugar
- 25g coconut flakes (or desiccated coconut), toasted
- Preheat the oven to 180°C/fan160°C/ gas 4. Grease and line a 900g loaf tin. Snip most of the mango into pieces, reserving a few slices.
- Put half the lime zest, yogurt, sugar, oil, eggs, flour, baking powder and chopped mango into a large bowl. Beat with a wooden spoon until just smooth. Pour into the tin and bake for 50 minutes, or until a skewer inserted into the centre comes out clean. Turn out to cool on a rack.
- Mix just enough of the lime juice with the icing sugar to give a thick, slightly runny icing. Pour over the cake, then top with the coconut, remaining lime zest and mango.
Keep in a cake tin for up to 4 days, or freeze in a plastic bag for up to 3 months.
Rate & review
Or, how about...?
Mango dessert recipes
Mango baked in coconut sugar and kaffir lime with coconut ice cream
”This is a great end to a spicy meal. It makes more ice cream than...
Mango and banana iced yogurt smoothies
This refreshing mango and banana smoothie recipe is the perfect morning pick-me-up. The perfect partner...