No-churn ice cream with boozy raisins
- December 2017
- Serves 8
- Hands-on time 15 min, plus soaking and freezing
This is a really easy ice cream recipe that doesn’t require any time-consuming churning. Just whizz all the ingredients together using an electric whisk and pop in the freezer to set – job done.
- Gluten-free recipes
- 44.4g (27.5g saturated)
- 44.5g (44.4g sugars)
- 4 tbsp sweet Pedro Ximénez sherry, plus a glug more to serve
- 180g raisins (we used Waitrose Love Life raisin mix)
- 397g can condensed milk
- 600ml double cream
- Grated zest and juice 2 clementines
- 6 fresh figs, sliced
- Warm the 4 tbsp sherry in a small pan and add the raisins. Set aside to soak for 20 minutes until plumped up.
- Put the condensed milk, cream, clementine zest and juice in a large mixing bowl and beat with an electric hand mixer until the mixture is thick and stiff – the texture of pipeable whipped cream. Spoon into a 1 litre freezerproof container with a lid, stir in the raisins and any sherry from the pan and freeze for at least 4-6 hours (preferably overnight) until frozen firm.
- When ready to serve, take out of the freezer for a few minutes to soften slightly, then scoop out balls and serve with the figs and a drizzle more sweet sherry. Serve on its own or with the steamed Christmas pudding.
If you prefer, buy good quality vanilla ice cream, soften slightly, then mix in the soaked raisins and freeze again until ready to serve.
Make up to 4 days ahead and store in an airtight container in the freezer. Wrap the container in cling film to stop ice crystals forming.
Rate & review
Or, how about...?
Curried celeriac, red cabbage, pear and walnut coleslaw
”Crunchy, soft, sweet and subtly spiced, this coleslaw recipe delivers layers of texture and flavour....
Gluten-free and dairy-free apricot and chestnut stuffing
This stuffing recipe is gluten-free and dairy-free, have it on hand for family and friends...