Healthy cinnamon French toast
- November 2002
- Serves 1
- Ready in 15 minutes
Add a warming kick to your morning with our cinnamon French toast recipe. Serve with berries and Greek yoghurt for a healthy twist to your usual breakfast.
Not feeling so sweet-toothed? We also have a savoury French toast with herbs and spring onions.
- 7.3g (2g saturates)
- 33g (7.9g sugars)
- 1 egg
- Pinch ground cinnamon
- Pinch ground nutmeg
- Total Sweet sweetener to taste
- 2 slices wholemeal bread
- Spray cooking oil
- 1tbsp 2% fat Greek yogurt
- 80g berries, thawed if frozen
- In a bowl, whisk 1 egg with the spices and sweetener. Dip the bread in the bowl to coat each side.
- Spray a non-stick frying pan with oil and set over a medium-high heat. Add the toast and fry until golden on both sides. Serve the eggy toast with the berries, topped with the yogurt.
Rate & review
Or, how about...?
Chocolate-filled French toast
If you really want to treat your family, make them fingers of French toast sandwiched...
More food for thought...
Subscribe to our magazine
Subscribe to delicious. magazine for HALF PRICESubscribe
Join our newsletter
Packed with menu ideas, recipes, latest competitions and more...