Pancakes with spiced apple compote
- February 2013
- Serves 6
- Reasdy in approximately 5 minutes
These sweet pancakes with spiced apple compote are delicious as a Sunday brunch treat with a dollop of soured cream – or on Pancake Day.
- 10.8g (6.4g saturated)
- 27.4g (19g sugars)
- Knob of butter
- 4-5 apples, peeled and diced
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 3 cloves
- 1 star anise
- ½ tsp ground ginger
- 6 pancakes
- A drizzle of maple syrup
- A dollop of soured cream.
- Melt the butter in a medium pan, then add the apples, cinnamon stick, cloves, star anise, ginger and a good splash of water. Cover and cook for 5 minutes over a medium heat, then drain any excess liquid.
- Fill the pancakes with a spoonful of the compote, a drizzle of maple syrup and a dollop of soured cream.
Rate & review
Or, how about...?
Sweet pancake recipes
Ricotta pancakes with spiced pear and bacon butter
Sweet and salty with a hint of spice, these fluffy ricotta pancakes with bacon are...
Subscribe to our magazine
Subscribe to delicious. magazine for HALF PRICESubscribe
Join our newsletter
Packed with menu ideas, recipes, latest competitions and more...