Prawn tikka bites
- December 2017
- Makes 25
- Hands-on time 10 min
Your favourite Indian takeaway in bite-size form: tikka masala spiced prawns, mango chutney and natural yogurt served on mini naans.
- 1.7g (0.4g saturated)
- 3.6g (1.4g sugars)
- no fibre
- 25 raw peeled sustainable king prawns (about 180g)
- 1 tsp tikka masala curry paste
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- Grated zest and juice of ½ lemon
- 1 large naan bread
- 100g natural yogurt
- Mango chutney (to serve)
- Small bunch fresh coriander
- Heat the oven to 220°C/200°C fan/gas 7. Put the prawns (about 180g) in a glass bowl with the tikka masala curry paste, olive oil and the grated zest and juice of half a lemon. Heat a non-stick frying pan with a splash of oil and fry the prawns for a few minutes, turning, until golden and cooked. Set aside to cool.
- Meanwhile, halve the naan bread horizontally, then cut into 25 bite-size pieces. Lay on a baking tray and drizzle with olive oil. Bake for 6-7 minutes until crisp. When ready to serve, top the naan pieces with a dollop of natural yogurt, a cooked prawn, a bit of mango chutney and a fresh coriander leaf. Season with black pepper and a squeeze of extra lemon juice.
Rate & review
Or, how about...?
Subscribe to our magazine
Subscribe to delicious. magazine for HALF PRICESubscribe
Join our newsletter
Packed with menu ideas, recipes, latest competitions and more...