Quick prawn stir-fry
- August 2009
- Serves 4
- Takes 10 minutes to make and 10 minutes to cook
A speedy, low-calorie prawn stir-fry recipe with the zesty, spicy flavours of South East Asia.
If you love a speedy stir-fry, we’ve got lots more for you to try. Take a look at all our stir-fry recipes here.
- Dairy-free recipes
- 8.6g (1.3g saturated)
- 11.9g (9.8g sugars)
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 2.5cm piece fresh ginger, finely sliced into matchsticks
- 2 garlic cloves, finely sliced
- 1 tsp chilli flakes
- 400g raw king prawns
- 150g tenderstem broccoli, trimmed
- 150g mangetout, sliced
- 4 tbsp sweet chilli sauce
- Juice of 1 lime, plus lime wedges
- Handful fresh coriander leaves
- Toasted cashew nuts, to serve
- Heat the oil in a pan or wok over a high heat and stir-fry the ginger, garlic and chilli flakes for a couple of minutes, then add the prawns and cook for 2-3 minutes until pink. Remove from the pan and set aside.
- Add the broccoli to the pan with a splash of water and cook for 2-3 minutes, then add the mangetout and stir in the sweet chilli sauce, lime juice and coriander.
- Return the prawns to the pan, mix well, then sprinkle with the cashew nuts and serve with steamed rice and lime wedges to squeeze over.
Rate & review
Or, how about...?
Cheat’s spicy prawn Singapore noodles
These quick and easy singapore noodles beat a Chinese takeaway but are super quick and...
More food for thought...
Subscribe to our magazine
Subscribe to delicious. magazine for HALF PRICESubscribe
Join our newsletter
Packed with menu ideas, recipes, latest competitions and more...