Quick prawn stir-fry
- August 2009
- Serves 4
- Takes 10 minutes to make and 10 minutes to cook
A speedy, low-calorie prawn stir-fry recipe with the zesty, spicy flavours of South East Asia.
If you love a speedy stir-fry, we’ve got lots more for you to try. Take a look at all our stir-fry recipes here.
- Dairy-free recipes
- 8.6g (1.3g saturated)
- 11.9g (9.8g sugars)
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 2.5cm piece fresh ginger, finely sliced into matchsticks
- 2 garlic cloves, finely sliced
- 1 tsp chilli flakes
- 400g raw king prawns
- 150g tenderstem broccoli, trimmed
- 150g mangetout, sliced
- 4 tbsp sweet chilli sauce
- Juice of 1 lime, plus lime wedges
- Handful fresh coriander leaves
- Toasted cashew nuts, to serve
- Heat the oil in a pan or wok over a high heat and stir-fry the ginger, garlic and chilli flakes for a couple of minutes, then add the prawns and cook for 2-3 minutes until pink. Remove from the pan and set aside.
- Add the broccoli to the pan with a splash of water and cook for 2-3 minutes, then add the mangetout and stir in the sweet chilli sauce, lime juice and coriander.
- Return the prawns to the pan, mix well, then sprinkle with the cashew nuts and serve with steamed rice and lime wedges to squeeze over.
Rate & review
Or, how about...?
Cheat’s spicy prawn Singapore noodles
These quick and easy singapore noodles beat a Chinese takeaway but are super quick and...