Roast carrots and parsnips with hazelnut dukkah
- December 2020
- Serves 6
- Hands-on time 10 min, oven time 40-50 min
These Middle Eastern inspired roasted root vegetables combine dukkah, hazelnuts and maple syrup for crunch, sweetness and depth of flavour. Perfect for a vegan vegetable feast, or to accompany roast meat.
Alternatively, go further east with these vegan hasselback root vegetables roasted in miso.
- 9.4g fat (1.2g saturated)
- 3.5g protein
- 18.2g carbs (12.1g sugars)
- 7.8g fibre
- 0.1g salt
- 500g carrots
- 500g parsnips
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 30g hazelnuts, roughly chopped
- 2 tsp coriander seeds, crushed
- 2 tsp sesame seeds
- 4-5 fresh thyme sprigs
- 2 tbsp maple syrup
- Trim the carrots and parsnips, then halve lengthways and put in a large baking tray. Toss with the olive oil and roast at 200°C/180°C fan/gas 6 for 35-40 minutes until cooked and golden.
- For the dukkah, combine the hazelnuts, coriander seeds and sesame seeds.
- Remove the veg from the oven and toss with the thyme sprigs, maple syrup and dukkah. Return to the oven for 5-10 minutes until golden and lightly charred.
Roast the root veg on their own up to a day ahead, then reheat in a hot oven, toss with the dukkah ingredients and finish cooking.
Rate & review
Or, how about...?
Subscribe to our magazine
Food lovers, treat yourself this Christmas... Enjoy 12 months of magazines for £29.99 – just £2.50 an issue.Subscribe
Unleash your inner chef
Looking for inspiration? Receive the latest recipes with our newsletter