Roasted aubergines with crispy capers
- September 2007
- 2 aubergines
- 4 tbsp olive oil
- 30g Grana Padano, roughly chopped or coarsely grated
- 2 tbsp capers, rinsed and dried
- Handful fresh mint leaves
- Preheat the oven to 220C/fan200C/gas 7. Cut the aubergines into 1.5cm thick slices and place on a large baking sheet. Lightly brush with half the olive oil and season. Bake for 30-40 minutes, turning occasionally, until tender.
- Transfer the aubergines to a serving platter and scatter with some of the cheese.
- Heat the remaining oil in a small non-stick frying pan, and when the oil is very hot, add the capers and sizzle for a few moments, until crisp.
- Tip the capers and the oil over the aubergines. Scatter with mint and serve warm or at room temperature with the remaining chopped or grated cheese on the side.
Rate & review
Or, how about...?
Subscribe to our magazine
Food stories, skills and tested recipes, straight to your door... Enjoy 5 issues for just £5 with our special introductory offer.Subscribe
Unleash your inner chef
Looking for inspiration? Receive the latest recipes with our newsletter