Roasted aubergines with crispy capers
- September 2007
- Serves 6
- Ready in 50 minutes
Roasted aubergines with crispy capers is a delicious Italian side dish. This cheesy recipe would also be great as a vegetarian light lunch.
- Vegetarian recipes
- 2 aubergines
- 4 tbsp olive oil
- 30g Grana Padano, roughly chopped or coarsely grated
- 2 tbsp capers, rinsed and dried
- Handful fresh mint leaves
- Preheat the oven to 220C/fan200C/gas 7. Cut the aubergines into 1.5cm thick slices and place on a large baking sheet. Lightly brush with half the olive oil and season. Bake for 30-40 minutes, turning occasionally, until tender.
- Transfer the aubergines to a serving platter and scatter with some of the cheese.
- Heat the remaining oil in a small non-stick frying pan, and when the oil is very hot, add the capers and sizzle for a few moments, until crisp.
- Tip the capers and the oil over the aubergines. Scatter with mint and serve warm or at room temperature with the remaining chopped or grated cheese on the side.
Rate & review
Or, how about...?
More food for thought...
Subscribe to our magazine
Subscribe to delicious. magazine for HALF PRICESubscribe
Join our newsletter
Packed with menu ideas, recipes, latest competitions and more...