- October 2011
- Serves 4
- 15 minutes to make, 20 minutes to cook
Ready in just 35 minutes, Donal Skehan’s quick and hearty sausage stew makes a great midweek dinner.
- 24.1g (7.5g saturated)
- 25g (16.9g sugars)
- 1 tbsp sunflower oil
- 1 large onion, finely chopped
- 2 fresh rosemary sprigs
- 3 peppers (red, yellow and green), roughly chopped
- 2 x 400g tins chopped tomatoes
- 100ml chicken stock
- 100ml red wine
- 1 quantity basic sausage roast
- 2 tsp English mustard powder
- Preheat the oven to 220°C/fan200°C/gas 7. Heat a flameproof casserole over a medium heat on the hob, add the oil and fry the onion with the rosemary and peppers for about 5 minutes until just tender.
- Add the tomatoes, chicken stock and red wine, then bring to the boil. Add 1 quantity of the cooked honey mustard sausage roast. Squeeze the garlic out of its skins. Season with salt, pepper and the mustard powder. Stir the stew, cover, then cook in the oven for 20 minutes. Serve as a hearty, warming dinner with a big chunk of crusty bread to mop up any leftover juices.
Rate & review