Scandi-style salmon skewers
- May 2019
- Serves 2
- Hands-on time 25 min, grill time 4-5 min
Sharp, clean flavours of apple, cucumber, crème fraîche and mustard are used in this Scandi-style dish of salmon skewers with a crisp green salad.
- 49.5g (11.9g saturated)
- 11.3g (10g sugars)
- ½ cucumber
- ½ small apple
- ½ avocado
- ½ finely chopped red onion
- 1 tbsp cider vinegar
- Pinch each of caster sugar and salt
- 3 tbsp crème fraîche
- ½ tbsp wholegrain mustard
- Few sprigs of finely chopped dill
- Finely grated zest and juice of ½ lemon
- 2 sustainable skinless salmon fillets
- 2 tbsp wholegrain mustard
- 2 tbsp rapeseed oil
- Few chopped dill sprigs, to serve
- Soak 2 long bamboo skewers in water for 20 minutes. Peel the cucumber into ribbons, finely slice the small apple into matchsticks and cut the avocado into thin slices. Toss together and put on a platter.
- Mix the chopped red onion with the cider vinegar and a pinch each of caster sugar and salt, then set aside. Mix 2tbsp crème fraîche with the wholegrain mustard, a few sprigs of finely chopped dill and the finely grated zest and juice of ½ lemon.
- Heat the grill to high. Cut the salmon fillets into 4cm chunks. Thread evenly onto the skewers and lay them on a lightly oiled baking tray. Mix the wholegrain mustard with 1tbsp crème fraîche and some salt and pepper in a bowl, then brush over the salmon.
- Grill the salmon skewers for 4-5 minutes, turning halfway through, until flaky and opaque. Whisk the rapeseed oil into the onion and vinegar mix and drizzle over the salad. Top with the salmon skewers and dill crème fraîche. Sprinkle with a few chopped dill sprigs to serve.
Rate & review