Spaghetti with pancetta, butter beans and rosemary
- May 2004
- Serves 2
- Ready in 20 minutes
A simple yet hearty pasta recipe with crispy pancetta, creamy butter beans and aromatic rosemary.
- 45.3g (8.8g saturated)
- 92g (6.7g sugar)
- 200g spaghetti
- 75g cubed pancetta or 4 rashers streaky bacon, diced
- 6 tbsp olive oil
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 1 tsp chopped fresh rosemary
- 400g can butter beans, drained and rinsed
- Grated zest and juice of 1/2 small lemon
- Handful chopped fresh parsley
- Fresh Parmesan shavings, to serve
- Bring a large pan of water to the boil and cook the spaghetti according to packet instructions or until al dente.
- Meanwhile, heat a non-stick pan and cook the pancetta or bacon for 3-4 minutes until golden and crisp. Add the olive oil, onion, garlic and rosemary and cook for 6-7 minutes until softened. Add the butter beans and warm through. Stir in the lemon zest and juice and chopped fresh parsley. Season well with salt and pepper.
- Drain the spaghetti well and return to the saucepan. Toss in the pancetta and butter bean mixture. Serve with several shavings of fresh Parmesan.
Rate & review