Sparkling fruit jellies
- June 2015
- 100g caster sugar
- 5 gelatine leaves (we used Costa Fine Leaf, from Waitrose and Ocado – if using a different brand, check the instructions for 700ml liquid)
- 500ml prosecco
- 3 tbsp elderflower cordial
- Summer berries (we used raspberries and blueberries)
You’ll also need
- 6 x 150ml lightly oiled jelly moulds
- Gently heat 200ml water and sugar in a medium saucepan until the sugar has dissolved, then boil for 5 minutes or until the mixture becomes syrupy. Put the gelatine leaves in a small bowl of cold water and soak for 5 minutes or until soft. Squeeze the excess water from the leaves, then stir into the warm sugar syrup until dissolved. Gently stir in the prosecco and the elderflower cordial, then half-fill the jelly moulds.
- Set in the fridge for 1 hour (leave the remaining liquid out of the fridge). When set, sprinkle over your choice of summer berries and top with the remaining jelly mix. Chill for 3 hours or overnight, then invert onto plates.
Rate & review
Or, how about...?
Subscribe to our magazine
Food stories, skills and tested recipes, straight to your door... Enjoy 5 issues for just £5 with our special introductory offer.Subscribe
Unleash your inner chef
Looking for inspiration? Receive the latest recipes with our newsletter