Spiced cherries in vodka
- July 2005
- for 6 people
- Takes 10 minutes to make, plus up to 12 hours macerating
Feel smug in the knowledge that you’ve imbibed a few vitamins along with the alcohol with this sophisticated party drink: cherries in vodka.
- 0.1g (no saturated
- 23.6g (14g sugar)
- 450g cherries, stalks left on
- 400ml cranberry juice
- 200ml vodka
- 200ml apple juice
- 50ml cherry brandy (orange liqueur is a good alternative)
- 1 tbsp juniper berries, crushed
- Pinch of ground allspice
- Prick the cherries in several places with a sterilised needle.
- Mix all the remaining ingredients together in a large jug or bowl.
- Add the cherries, cover and set aside in a cool place for anything from 1-12 hours before serving up in shot glasses.
Rate & review
Or, how about...?
Damson roly-poly doughnut puddings with boozy custard
What happens when you cross a roly-poly pudding with a jam doughnut? A recipe that...