Spinach dhal with roasted cauliflower and squash
- April 2018
- Serves 4
- Hands-on time 15 min, oven time 30 min
This filling vegetarian meal is packed full of veggies, fibre-rich lentils and drizzled with thick Greek yoghurt. Serve with rice or flatbreads for a satisfying and nourishing dinner.
Or opt for a gently spiced dhal served with coconut cream.
- Gluten-free recipes
- Vegetarian recipes
- 18.5g (5g saturated
- 61.9g (17.2g sugars)
- ½ batch of lentil and kidney bean dhal
- 1 cauliflower, sliced into florets
- ½ butternut squash, chopped into 2cm chunks
- 3 tbsp olive oil, plus extra for drizzling
- 1 tbsp caraway or cumin seeds
- 150g baby leaf spinach
- 2-3 tbsp full-fat greek yogurt
- Handful fresh flatleaf parsley, roughly chopped
- Heat the oven to 200°C/180°C fan/gas 6. Put the cauliflower and squash on a roasting tray, drizzle with oil and season with salt and pepper. Roast for 30 minutes until caramelised and golden.
- Meanwhile, in a dry frying pan, heat the caraway/cumin seeds over a medium heat for a minute or so until fragrant, then add the 3 tbsp oil and turn off the heat.
- For the last 10 minutes of the vegetable roasting time, warm the dhal in a pan until steaming, adding a little water to loosen. Stir in the spinach and simmer gently for 5 minutes until wilted.
- Check that the roast vegetables are tender, then stir them through the dhal (if they’re not quite ready, roast for another 5 minutes and keep the dhal warm). Serve each portion topped with a generous dollop of the yogurt, drizzled with some of the caraway/cumin oil and sprinkled with parsley. Serve extra yogurt, drizzled with more of the spiced oil, on the side if you like.
Rate & review
Or, how about...?
Subscribe to our magazine
Subscribe to delicious. magazine for HALF PRICESubscribe
Join our newsletter
Packed with menu ideas, recipes, latest competitions and more...