- January 2020
- Serves 4
- Hands-on time 10 min, simmering time 10-12 min
For a speedy midweek meal with a difference, why not try our Swedish meatballs in a creamy sauce? The recipe only take 20 minutes to make, perfect for when time is of the essence.
Or how about our bubbling Italian baked meatballs with orzo?
- 25.4g (13.6g saturated)
- 10.5g (2g sugars)
- 2 tsp olive oil
- 12 British organic beef meatballs
- 15g butter
- 1 tbsp plain flour
- ½ tsp allspice
- 200ml chicken stock
- 175ml single cream
- A squeeze of lemon juice
- A splash of Worcestershire sauce
- A pinch of salt and ground black pepper
- A small handful of chopped fresh dill
- Mashed potato and a dollop of lingonberry or cranberry sauce to serve
- Heat 2 tsp olive oil in a heavy-based frying pan (with a lid) over a medium-high heat, then brown 12 meatballs all over. Remove with a slotted spoon and set aside.
- Turn down the heat to low-medium, add 15g butter to the pan and whisk until melted. Whisk in 1 tbsp plain flour and ½ tsp allspice, then cook until smelling toasty
- Gradually add 200ml chicken stock and 175ml single cream, whisking all the time, until smooth.
- Return the meatballs to the pan, cover and simmer gently for 10-12 minutes or until cooked through. Season with a squeeze of lemon juice,
a splash of Worcestershire sauce and a pinch of salt and ground black pepper.
- Sprinkle with a small handful of chopped fresh dill and serve with mashed potato and a dollop of lingonberry or cranberry sauce.
Rate & review
Or, how about...?
Quick midweek meals
Meatballs in spinach and tomato sauce with herby couscous
Make weekday cooking easier with this hearty meatball recipe made from ingredients from your storecupboard.
More food for thought...
Subscribe to our magazine
Subscribe to delicious. magazine for HALF PRICESubscribe
Join our newsletter
Packed with menu ideas, recipes, latest competitions and more...