Tandoori paneer skewers with yogurt cucumber salad
- July 2022
- Serves 4
- Hands-on time 25 min
Make a BBQ dinner for 4 in less than 30 minutes with our easy Tandoori paneer skewers recipe. Serve with a creamy mint and cucumber salad.
For more delicious things on sticks, check out our kebab recipes collection.
- 20.8g (8g saturated)
- 24.7g (21.6g sugars)
- 2 x 225g blocks paneer, cut into 3cm cubes
- 3cm piece ginger, grated
- 3 tbsp tandoori paste
- 6 tbsp natural yogurt
- 2 tbsp olive oil, plus a drizzle
- 2 red peppers, cut into 4cm chunks
- 2 red onions, cut into 4cm chunks
- Basmati rice and poppadums (if you’re not avoiding gluten) to serve
For the cucumber salad
- 2 tsp cumin seeds
- 1 red onion, finely diced
- Juice 1 lemon
- 1 small garlic clove, crushed
- 2 cucumbers, thinly sliced
- Small bunch mint, leaves finely chopped (reserve a few whole leaves to serve, if you like)
- 200g natural yogurt
You’ll also need
- Skewers (soak wooden ones for 30 min)
- Prepare the barbecue for direct heat (for cooking right over the coals; or see alternative cooking instructions below). For the salad, lightly toast the cumin seeds in a dry pan (about 1 minute). Crush in a pestle and mortar, then mix with the onion, lemon juice, garlic and a pinch of salt. Set aside for 15 minutes to quick-pickle, then stir in the sliced cucumbers, mint and yogurt.
- Meanwhile, mix the paneer, ginger, tandoori paste, yogurt, oil and peppers in a bowl with a pinch of salt, ensuring the paneer and peppers are well coated. Thread the paneer, peppers and onions onto skewers, alternating. Drizzle with a little oil, then cook with the BBQ lid down, turning once or twice until the veg are tender and the paneer is a little charred – about 10 minutes.
- Serve the skewers with the cucumber salad and, if you like, rice, poppadums and mint leaves.
No barbecue? Cook the skewers under a hot grill for 8-10 minutes until cooked through and slightly charred.
Easy swaps: Swap the paneer for halloumi, or use mixed veg instead.
Rate & review
Or, how about...?
Subscribe to our magazine
Food lovers, treat yourself this Christmas... Enjoy 12 months of magazines for £29.99 – just £2.50 an issue.Subscribe
Unleash your inner chef
Looking for inspiration? Receive the latest recipes with our newsletter