Apricot and pistachio cheat’s croissants
- March 2018
- Serves 4
- Hands-on time 10 min, oven time 30 min
This recipe is brilliant for bringing day-old croissants back to life. We’ve given them a new lease of life by filling them with apricot jam and finely-chopped pistachios.
- 34.6g (16g saturated)
- 61g (26.1g sugars)
- 60g shelled unsalted pistachios (look out for skinless ones)
- 60g unsalted butter, softened
- 60g caster sugar
- 1 medium free-range egg
- ½ tsp vanilla bean extract
- 50g plain flour
- 4 large all-butter croissants
- 2 tbsp apricot jam
- Icing sugar to dust
- Heat the oven to 180°C/160°C fan/gas 4. Put the pistachios in a food processor and whizz until finely chopped. Add the butter, caster sugar, egg, vanilla and plain flour and whizz until just combined.
- Split the croissants down their lengths and open out like a book, spread with the jam, then fill each one with a quarter of the pistachio mixture. Put on a baking tray lined with non-stick baking paper and bake for 25-30 minutes until the filling has set and the croissants are a deep golden brown. Set aside for 5-10 minutes (to let the hot jam cool slightly), then dust with icing sugar and demolish with a good cup of coffee.
For classic almond croissants, swap pistachios for whole blanched almonds.
Once baked, the croissants will keep for a day in a sealed container.
Rate & review
Or, how about...?
Subscribe to our magazine
Subscribe to delicious. magazine for HALF PRICESubscribe
Join our newsletter
Packed with menu ideas, recipes, latest competitions and more...