What to do with leftover sherry vinegar
This versatile, well-rounded vinegar works beautifully in a marinade, vinaigrette or as a seasoning. Try these 5 exciting ways to use your leftover sherry vinegar.
Recipes using sherry vinegar
- Tomato gazpacho
- Beef fillet with sherry vinegar and shallot jus
- Sherry braised jersey royals with broad beans and Serrano ham
- Slow-roast pork belly with sherry gravy and mint relish
- Warm baby veg salad with goat’s curd and sherry vinaigrette
How to use up leftover sherry vinegar
- Meat glaze. Put 100ml sherry vinegar and 50ml clear honey in a small pan. Set over a high heat and bubble until reduced by half. Use as a glaze for meat or salmon.
- Onion tart. Heat a large knob of butter in a large frying pan over a medium heat. Fry 3 finely sliced onions until soft. Add a crushed garlic clove, cook for a minute, then stir in 1 tbsp caster sugar and 2 tbsp sherry vinegar. Continue to cook until caramelised. Spread over a pre-cooked puff pastry sheet and top with blobs of soft goat’s cheese and finely chopped fresh thyme leaves.
Subscribe to our magazine
Subscribe to delicious. magazine this month for a half price subscriptionSubscribe