What to do with leftover sherry vinegar
This versatile, well-rounded vinegar works beautifully in a marinade, vinaigrette or as a seasoning. Try these 5 exciting ways to use your leftover sherry vinegar.
Recipes using sherry vinegar
- Tomato gazpacho
- Beef fillet with sherry vinegar and shallot jus
- Sherry braised jersey royals with broad beans and Serrano ham
- Slow-roast pork belly with sherry gravy and mint relish
- Warm baby veg salad with goat’s curd and sherry vinaigrette
How to use up leftover sherry vinegar
- Meat glaze. Put 100ml sherry vinegar and 50ml clear honey in a small pan. Set over a high heat and bubble until reduced by half. Use as a glaze for meat or salmon.
- Onion tart. Heat a large knob of butter in a large frying pan over a medium heat. Fry 3 finely sliced onions until soft. Add a crushed garlic clove, cook for a minute, then stir in 1 tbsp caster sugar and 2 tbsp sherry vinegar. Continue to cook until caramelised. Spread over a pre-cooked puff pastry sheet and top with blobs of soft goat’s cheese and finely chopped fresh thyme leaves.
Subscribe to our magazine
Food lovers, treat yourself this Christmas... Enjoy 12 months of magazines for £29.99 – just £2.50 an issue.Subscribe
Unleash your inner chef
Looking for inspiration? Receive the latest recipes with our newsletter