Baby savoy cabbage with pancetta and star anise
- March 2007
- Serves 6
- Ready in 20 minutes
Make cabbage the star with our recipe for baby savoy with pancetta and star anise.
- 11.4g (4.4g saturated)
- 7.8g (5.1g sugar)
- 200g diced pancetta or smoked lardons
- 4 star anise
- 150ml white wine
- 600ml fresh chicken stock, hot
- 15g butter, softened
- 15g plain flour
- 12 baby savoy cabbages
- Heat a frying pan over a medium-high heat. Add the pancetta and fry for 3-4 minutes, until golden. Add the star anise and cook for 1 minute. Pour in the wine, boil for a few minutes, then add the stock. Simmer rapidly for 5-6 minutes, until reduced by half.
- Mix the butter and flour to a paste. Gradually whisk into the sauce, then simmer for 3-4 minutes, until thickened. Season with ground black pepper and discard the star anise.
- Meanwhile, bring a large pan of water to the boil. Add the cabbages, cover and cook for 4-5 minutes, until just tender. Drain well. Pile the cabbages onto a platter and pour over the hot sauce. Serve with out five-spiced blackened duck.
Rate & review
Or, how about...?
Savoy cabbage with oatmeal
Buttery braised savoy cabbage is served up with a slightly Scottish twist – oatmeal. Serve...