Burrata with balsamic strawberries
- June 2019
- Serves 4
- Hands-on time 5 min
A five-minute and five-ingredient starter recipe made with gorgeously creamy burrata cheese and sweet summer strawberries.
If the idea of strawberries and cheese doesn’t sit well with you (though, we implore you to give it a go!) why not try our burrata with sticky tomatoes and pine nuts instead?
- Vegetarian recipes
- 10.5g (6.9g saturated)
- 8g (7.5g sugars)
- 250g strawberries, hulled and quartered
- 2 tbsp good quality balsamic vinegar (we used Belazu)
- 1 tbsp maple syrup
- A small handful of fresh basil, finely chopped
- 2 x 100g burrata balls (or tear 200g buffalo mozzarella),
- Mix the strawberries in a bowl with the balsamic vinegar, maple syrup, basil and a good pinch each salt and black pepper. If you have time, set aside for 10 minutes.
- Spoon the strawberries onto a serving platter. Split the burrata balls (or tear the mozzarella), put on the platter, then drizzle any juices left in the bowl over the top. Grind black pepper over the top and scatter with basil leaves to serve.
Rate & review
Or, how about...?
Burrata with sticky roasted tomatoes, pine nuts and basil
Roasted tomatoes and a gorgeous ball of fresh, creamy burrata cheese is the taste of...
Grilled peach panzanella, toasted almonds and burrata
Sweet peaches, toasted almonds and creamy burrata go into this gorgeous panzanella salad recipe. Easy-to-make...