Tomato and burrata salad with basil oil
- June 2018
- Serves 6
- Hands-on time 15 min, oven time 45 min
The beauty of Italian cooking lies in its simplicity and use of quality ingredients; this burrata and tomato salad proves that point perfectly. Serve with a good ciabatta loaf, for scooping, and enjoy.
Find all our burrata recipes for more ways with this oozy cheese.
- Vegetarian recipes
- 23.4g (6.7g saturated)
- 4.1g (3.8g sugars)
- 400-500g cherry tomatoes (mixed colours, on or off the vine)
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped
- 6 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil, plus extra for drizzling and brushing
- 2 tbsp aged balsamic vinegar
- Large bunch fresh basil, leaves picked
- Grated zest and juice 1 lemon
- 1 small or ½ large focaccia
- 90g bag wild rocket
- 2 x 200g burrata balls (or use good buffalo mozzarella)
- 2 tbsp toasted pine nuts
- Heat the oven to 180°C/160°C fan/gas 4. Toss the tomatoes and garlic on a baking tray with a little oil and ground black pepper. Roast for 45 minutes, then drizzle with the balsamic vinegar. Leave to cool.
- Whizz most of the basil (save some to garnish) and the lemon zest and juice in a food processor or blender with the 6 tbsp olive oil and seasoning (or pound basil, zest and salt and pepper in a pestle and mortar, then work in the oil).
- Heat the grill to high. Slice the focaccia into strips and brush with olive oil. Grill on both sides until golden brown.
- Arrange the roasted tomatoes on a platter with the rocket, then top with the burrata. Sprinkle with the basil oil and pine nuts, top with reserved basil leaves and serve with the toasted focaccia.
Roast the tomatoes and make the basil oil up to one day before, then keep covered in the fridge.
Rate & review
Or, how about...?
Burrata with sticky roasted tomatoes, pine nuts and basil
Roasted tomatoes and a gorgeous ball of fresh, creamy burrata cheese is the taste of...
Grilled peach panzanella, toasted almonds and burrata
Sweet peaches, toasted almonds and creamy burrata go into this gorgeous panzanella salad recipe. Easy-to-make...