Butternut squash, parmesan and pine nut spaghetti
- February 2007
- Serves 4
- Ready in 20 minutes
This quick, nutritious squash and spaghetti recipe is made extra special by the pine nuts and parmesan.
- Vegetarian recipes
- 1 small butternut squash, peeled, deseeded and diced
- 400g dried spaghetti
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- Freshly ground black pepper
- Some fresh sage leaves, shredded
- 75g pine nuts, toasted
- 50g vegetarian parmesan, finely grated
- Cook the butternut squash in a large pan of boiling, salted water for 4-5 minutes, until tender. Remove with a slotted spoon and drain.
- Add the spaghetti to the water and cook according to packet instructions. Drain well, return to the pan and toss with the olive oil and some freshly ground black pepper. Add the squash, sage, pine nuts and parmesan.
- Gently toss together, divide between shallow bowls and top with extra parmesan shavings, to serve.
Rate & review