Cheat’s turkey turnovers
- January 2006
- 425g pack frozen ready-rolled puff pastry, thawed
- 200g leftover cooked turkey meat (or buy some from the supermarket deli counter)
- 25g frozen peas
- 3 tbsp fresh mushroom pasta sauce
- 1 egg, beaten
- Poppy seeds, to sprinkle
- Preheat the oven to 200°C/fan180°C/gas 6. Unroll the 2 sheets of puff pastry. Cut each in half to give 2 rectangles.
- Cut up the turkey meat and divide between the 4 sheets of pastry. Divide the peas between each pastry parcel. Spoon the pasta sauce over each parcel and season. Brush the pastry edges with a little egg. Fold over the pastry and seal the edges using the prongs of a fork.
- Brush with beaten egg and sprinkle with the poppy seeds. Bake for 25 minutes until golden. Serve with new potatoes and green beans.
Rate & review
Or, how about...?
More food for thought...
Subscribe to our magazine
Subscribe to delicious. magazine for HALF PRICESubscribe
Join our newsletter
Packed with menu ideas, recipes, latest competitions and more...