Cheat’s turkey turnovers
- January 2006
- Serves 4
- Ready in 35 minutes
A great way to use up leftover turkey. Make these tasty turkey parcels using store-bought pastry and a good quality jar of pasta sauce.
- 425g pack frozen ready-rolled puff pastry, thawed
- 200g leftover cooked turkey meat (or buy some from the supermarket deli counter)
- 25g frozen peas
- 3 tbsp fresh mushroom pasta sauce
- 1 egg, beaten
- Poppy seeds, to sprinkle
- Preheat the oven to 200°C/fan180°C/gas 6. Unroll the 2 sheets of puff pastry. Cut each in half to give 2 rectangles.
- Cut up the turkey meat and divide between the 4 sheets of pastry. Divide the peas between each pastry parcel. Spoon the pasta sauce over each parcel and season. Brush the pastry edges with a little egg. Fold over the pastry and seal the edges using the prongs of a fork.
- Brush with beaten egg and sprinkle with the poppy seeds. Bake for 25 minutes until golden. Serve with new potatoes and green beans.
Rate & review