Cheese, thyme and bacon rolls
- December 2019
- Makes 28
- Hands-on time 20 min, oven time 30-35 min
These super-easy cheese, thyme and bacon rolls work well as a side dish with a roast dinner or a cheesy party nibble. Either way, they’ll go down a storm.
Looking for more nibble recipes? Here’s 21 quick party food ideas we deem perfect for any get-together.
- 5.6g (2.4g saturated)
- 8.2g (0.6g sugars)
- 300g fresh breadcrumbs,
- 3 beaten free-range eggs
- 175g grated cheddar and/or gruyère
- 1½ tbsp English mustard
- 1 tbsp chopped fresh thyme leaves
- 14 British free-range streaky bacon rashers
- Combine 300g fresh breadcrumbs, 3 beaten free-range eggs, 175g grated cheddar and/or gruyère, 1½ tbsp English mustard, 1 tbsp chopped fresh thyme leaves and some salt and pepper. With your hands, mix and roll into 28 balls.
- Stretch out 14 British free-range streaky bacon rashers, then cut each in half and roll around a stuffing ball. Arrange on a lined baking tray and roast for 30-35 minutes until brown and crisp.
Rate & review