Cheese, thyme and bacon rolls
- December 2019
- Makes 28
- Hands-on time 20 min, oven time 30-35 min
These super-easy cheese, thyme and bacon rolls work well as a side dish with a roast dinner or a cheesy party nibble. Either way, they’ll go down a storm.
Looking for more nibble recipes? Here’s 21 quick party food ideas we deem perfect for any get-together.
- 5.6g (2.4g saturated)
- 8.2g (0.6g sugars)
- 300g fresh breadcrumbs,
- 3 beaten free-range eggs
- 175g grated cheddar and/or gruyère
- 1½ tbsp English mustard
- 1 tbsp chopped fresh thyme leaves
- 14 British free-range streaky bacon rashers
- Combine 300g fresh breadcrumbs, 3 beaten free-range eggs, 175g grated cheddar and/or gruyère, 1½ tbsp English mustard, 1 tbsp chopped fresh thyme leaves and some salt and pepper. With your hands, mix and roll into 28 balls.
- Stretch out 14 British free-range streaky bacon rashers, then cut each in half and roll around a stuffing ball. Arrange on a lined baking tray and roast for 30-35 minutes until brown and crisp.
Rate & review
Or, how about...?
More food for thought...
Subscribe to our magazine
Subscribe to delicious. magazine for HALF PRICESubscribe
Join our newsletter
Packed with menu ideas, recipes, latest competitions and more...