Chicken salad with apples and peanut butter
- March 2022
- Serves 4
- Hands-on time 20 min
Combine juicy chicken thighs, peanut butter, grains, red cabbage and sesame for a colourful and filling chicken salad with plenty of texture and crunch.
Browse 40+ more delicious chicken salad recipes.
- 33.4g (6.4g saturated)
- 27.4g (11.9g sugars)
- Juice 2 limes
- 60g crunchy peanut butter – we used Whole Earth
- 2 tbsp soy sauce
- 2 tbsp sesame oil
- 1/2 small red cabbage, thinly shredded
- 1/2 small red onion, thinly sliced
- 2 small apples, cored and thinly sliced
- 250g pouch ready-to-eat mixed grains
- 4 cooked chicken thighs, meat removed, skin and bones discarded (or 250 300g roast chicken, shredded)
- 3 tbsp sesame seeds
- 1/2 bunch coriander, roughly chopped
- Make the dressing by putting the lime juice, peanut butter, soy sauce, sesame oil and 50ml boiling water in a jug. Mix well to combine.
- Toss together the cabbage, onion, apples, grains and chicken, then season to taste with salt and black pepper. Divide among 4 bowls, then sprinkle with the sesame seeds and chopped coriander. Drizzle over the dressing to serve.
This recipe is easily halved to serve 2.
Rate & review
Or, how about...?
Subscribe to our magazine
Food lovers, treat yourself this Christmas... Enjoy 12 months of magazines for £29.99 – just £2.50 an issue.Subscribe
Unleash your inner chef
Looking for inspiration? Receive the latest recipes with our newsletter