Coronation chicken on toast
- January 2021
- Serves 2
- Hands-on time 10 min
Looking for quick and easy working from home lunch ideas? This tasty coronation chicken on toast will perk up your working day.
Want more #wfh foodie inspiration? Take a look at our working from home lunch recipe collection – no two weekday meals need ever be the same again!
- 34.1g fat (3g saturated)
- 36.8g protein
- 34.1g carbs (10.2g sugars)
- 3.3g fibre
- 1.2g salt
- 50g natural yogurt
- 50g mayonnaise
- 2 tsp mild curry paste
- 1 tbsp mango chutney
- Large pinch cayenne pepper
- 200g leftover roast chicken, shredded
- Bunch fresh coriander, leaves picked
- 180g mixed tomatoes, halved or sliced
- 2 spring onions, sliced
- Juice ½ lemon
- 2-4 slices sourdough, depending on size
- Extra-virgin olive oil to drizzle
- Nigella seeds to sprinkle
- Mix the yogurt, mayonnaise, curry paste, mango chutney and cayenne pepper in a bowl together until smooth. Stir in the shredded chicken and season to taste.
- In a separate bowl, toss together the coriander, tomatoes, spring onions and lemon juice.
- Drizzle each slice of toast with a little oil, then divide the chicken between the toasts. Top with the crunchy salad and sprinkle with nigella seeds to serve.
This is a great recipe to use up leftover chicken from the Sunday roast. Make the chicken topping, then cover and chill up to a day ahead.
Rate & review
Or, how about...?
Working from home lunch recipes
If you're working from home at the moment,...
Lunch recipes to take to work
Ditch that shop-bought sandwich and make something from...
Leftover lunch recipes
Avoid food waste AND knock yourself up a...
Healthy lunch recipes
Make lunchtimes healthier with recipes that are packed...
Subscribe to our magazine
Subscribe to delicious. magazine for HALF PRICESubscribe
Join our newsletter
Packed with menu ideas, recipes, latest competitions and more...