Coronation chicken on toast
- January 2021
- Serves 2
- Hands-on time 10 min
Looking for quick and easy working from home lunch ideas? This tasty coronation chicken on toast will perk up your working day.
Want more #wfh foodie inspiration? Take a look at our working from home lunch recipe collection – no two weekday meals need ever be the same again!
- 34.1g fat (3g saturated)
- 36.8g protein
- 34.1g carbs (10.2g sugars)
- 3.3g fibre
- 1.2g salt
- 50g natural yogurt
- 50g mayonnaise
- 2 tsp mild curry paste
- 1 tbsp mango chutney
- Large pinch cayenne pepper
- 200g leftover roast chicken, shredded
- Bunch fresh coriander, leaves picked
- 180g mixed tomatoes, halved or sliced
- 2 spring onions, sliced
- Juice ½ lemon
- 2-4 slices sourdough, depending on size
- Extra-virgin olive oil to drizzle
- Nigella seeds to sprinkle
- Mix the yogurt, mayonnaise, curry paste, mango chutney and cayenne pepper in a bowl together until smooth. Stir in the shredded chicken and season to taste.
- In a separate bowl, toss together the coriander, tomatoes, spring onions and lemon juice.
- Drizzle each slice of toast with a little oil, then divide the chicken between the toasts. Top with the crunchy salad and sprinkle with nigella seeds to serve.
This is a great recipe to use up leftover chicken from the Sunday roast. Make the chicken topping, then cover and chill up to a day ahead.
Rate & review
Or, how about...?
Working from home lunch recipes
If you're working from home at the moment,...
Lunch recipes to take to work
Ditch that shop-bought sandwich and make something from...
Leftover lunch recipes
Avoid food waste AND knock yourself up a...
Healthy lunch recipes
Make lunchtimes healthier with recipes that are packed...