Asparagus, smoked trout and poached egg on toast
- June 2011
- Serves 4
- Ready in 20 minutes
A nutritious brunch recipe – made with seasonal spring asparagus, smoked trout and poached eggs – that’s easy to throw together.
- 14.3g (5.2g saturated)
- 21.6g (2.5g sugar)
- 1 tbsp white wine vinegar
- 4 large free-range eggs
- 250g asparagus bunch, woody ends snapped off
- 100g smoked trout slices, roughly torn
- 4 slices of crusty bread, toasted and buttered
- Lemon wedges to serve
- Bring a large deep pan filled with water to the boil, add the vinegar, lower the heat, then carefully crack each egg into the pan, making sure they’re spaced apart. Cook gently for 3 minutes, then remove to a plate with a slotted spoon.
- Meanwhile, blanch the asparagus in another pan of boiling salted water for 1 minute. Drain, then slice the spears into 1.5cm pieces.
- Stir the asparagus and trout together, then spoon over the toast slices. Top each with a poached egg and season well. Serve with lemon wedges to squeeze over.
Rate & review
Or, how about...?
More food for thought...
Subscribe to our magazine
Subscribe to delicious. magazine for HALF PRICESubscribe
Join our newsletter
Packed with menu ideas, recipes, latest competitions and more...