Creamy leek and gorgonzola risotto
- February 2014
- for 4 people
- Hands-on time 30 min
Risotto doesn’t have to be laborious. This one uses seasonal leeks, and is ready in just 30 minutes.
- Vegetarian recipes
- 21.7g (7.5g saturated)
- 62.4g (3.8g sugars)
- 4 tbsp olive oil
- 1 onion, finely sliced
- 1 litre vegetable stock
- 300g carnaroli risotto rice
- 250ml dry white wine
- 4 leeks, sliced into 2cm pieces
- A knob of butter
- 10 fresh thyme sprigs, leaves picked
- 100g gorgonzola (or vegetarian alternative)
- Gently heat 2 tbsp olive oil in a large frying pan. Fry the onion for 5 minutes until softened but not brown.
- Meanwhile heat the stock in a large pan. Add the rice to the onions, then stir for a minute so the grains are coated in butter and slightly translucent.
- Add the wine and increase the heat to medium-high. Stir until the wine has evaporated, then add a ladleful of the hot stock. Stir until the stock has been absorbed, then add another ladleful. Keep adding stock and stirring until the rice is creamy and cooked but with some bite (it will take about 20 minutes and you may not need all the stock).
- Meanwhile, in another pan, gently fry in another 2 tbsp olive oil and a knob of butter with the leaves from 10 fresh thyme sprigs until soft. Stir the leeks into the rice just before the end of cooking. Season, then crumble in the gorgonzola or vegetarian alternative. Cover, take off the heat, leave for 2-3 minutes, then serve.
Get the perfect risotto every time with our top risotto tips.
Rate & review
Or, how about...?
Risotto with blue cheese and leeks
This blue cheese and leek risotto recipe is baked in the oven to cut out...
Smoked salmon recipes
No-stir lemon, leek, smoked salmon and dill risotto
No need to slave away over risotto – this recipe doesn’t require any stirring and...
More food for thought...
Subscribe to our magazine
Subscribe to delicious. magazine for HALF PRICESubscribe
Join our newsletter
Packed with menu ideas, recipes, latest competitions and more...