Creamy mustard pork
- November 2008
- Serves 4
- Takes 5 minutes to make and 20 minutes to cook
Quick, simple and low in calories, this mustard pork recipe is an ideal supper.
- Gluten-free recipes
- 15.3g (6.4g saturated)
- 2.4g (1.8g sugar)
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 4 pork chops
- 2 whole garlic cloves, peeled
- 2 leeks, washed and sliced
- A glass of white wine
- 1 tbsp wholegrain mustard
- 100ml chicken stock
- 50ml double cream
- 2 tbsp chopped fresh parsley
- A good squeeze of lemon juice
- Fresh flatleaf parsley leaves, to serve
- Mashed potato, to serve
- Heat 1 tbsp olive oil in a large frying pan and fry 4 pork chops with the garlic over a medium heat for 5 minutes each side. Discard the garlic and set the chops aside, covered with foil to keep warm.
- Add the leeks to the pan and cook for 6 minutes. Add a glass of white wine to the pan and reduce by two-thirds, then stir in mustard, chicken stock and double cream and season well.
- Bubble for a couple more minutes, then add chopped fresh parsley and a good squeeze of lemon juice.
- Sprinkle with fresh flatleaf parsley leaves. Serve the pork and creamy sauce with mashed potato, if you like.
Cut the pork into strips. Fry with the garlic and 150g chestnut mushrooms, thickly sliced. Follow the recipe, but swap the mustard for 1 tbsp smoked paprika for a speedy stroganoff.
Rate & review
Or, how about...?
Pork chops with salsa verde and chunky wedges
Load up on a British classic with this simple but tasty dinner. The pork chops...