Curry spiced sautéed potatoes
- July 2016
- Serves 4 as a side
- Hands-on time 35 min
Debbie Major’s quick and easy recipe for curry-spiced sautéed potatoes is perfect for changing up a classic side dish.
- Vegetarian recipes
- 6.8g (6.5g saturated)
- 35.3g (1.7g sugars)
- 4 tsp crumbled sea salt flakes,
- ½ tsp mild or medium curry powder,
- ¼ tsp cayenne pepper
- ½ tsp finely ground black pepper
- 750g floury potatoes
- 40g butter
- 3 tbsp oil
- Mix the sea salt flakes, curry powder, cayenne pepper and finely ground black pepper in a small bowl. Cut the floury potatoes into chunks. Put into a pan of salted water, bring to the boil and simmer for 5-7 minutes until just tender. Drain and leave to steam dry.
- Heat the butter and oil in a large, heavy-based frying pan that will hold all the potatoes in a single layer (or use 2 pans). Add the potatoes and fry over a medium heat for 10-20 minutes, turning until they’re crisp and golden all over. Season with 1 tsp of the spiced salt to serve.
Rate & review
Or, how about...?
A simple French dish that amounts to indulgent cheesy potatoes. They go beautifully with a...