Easy spaghetti and meatballs
- January 2015
- Serves 4
- Hands-on time 30 min
A quick and easy spaghetti and meatballs recipe that’s inexpensive to make and takes just 30 minutes. This recipe serves four, but you could easily half or double as needed.
- 29g (9.6g saturated)
- 91.7g (12.7g sugars)
- 400g British free-range sausages, or sausagemeat
- 1 lemon
- 1/4 tsp chilli flakes
- 40g fresh breadcrumbs
- 20g parmesan, plus extra to serve
- Good glug sweet vermouth
- 2 x 400g tins chopped tomatoes
- 2-3 anchovy fillets, drained
- Olive oil for frying
- 400g spaghetti
- Fresh basil leaves, to serve, optional
- Skin the sausages and put the meat in a bowl (or put the sausagemeat in a bowl). Finely zest the lemon and add to the bowl with the chilli flakes and breadcrumbs. Grate in the parmesan, season, then mix well. Shape into 20 small balls.
- Heat a frying pan, add the vermouth, bubble fiercely, then add the tomatoes and anchovies. Cook until thick, breaking up the anchovies to dissolve. Taste and season.
- In another pan, heat a little oil and brown the meatballs all over, then put them in the tomato sauce and cook for another 10 minutes.
- Cook the pasta according to the pack instructions, drain, then toss through the meatballs and sauce. Put in bowls, top with extra cheese and, if you like, basil leaves.
Rate & review
Or, how about...?
Meatballs with creamy polenta
Super comforting and easy to prepare, meatballs and creamy polenta are a great family meal....
More food for thought...
Subscribe to our magazine
Subscribe to delicious. magazine for HALF PRICESubscribe
Join our newsletter
Packed with menu ideas, recipes, latest competitions and more...