Fruit and herb buckwheat salad
- July 2018
- Serves 8
- Hands-on time 20 min
An easy fruit and herb buckwheat salad that can easily be made ahead of time, ready for a summery picnic or gathering.
- Dairy-free recipes
- Gluten-free recipes
- Vegan recipes
- Vegetarian recipes
- 10.8g (1.5g saturated)
- 47.1g (7.9g sugars)
- 375g buckwheat
- 1 good quality vegetable stock cube
- 4 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tbsp pomegranate molasses
- Grated zest and juice ½ lemon
- 1 preserved lemon, pulp removed and discarded, finely chopped (we used Belazu, from Sainsbury’s and Waitrose)
- 75g golden raisins
- 75g green olives, roughly chopped
- 50g shelled unsalted pistachios, roughly chopped
- Handful fresh mint leaves, chopped
- Small handful fresh dill, chopped
- Put the buckwheat in a large pan with the stock cube, cover with cold water and cook according to the buckwheat pack instructions. Put in a bowl and allow to cool a little. Stir in the olive oil, pomegranate molasses, lemon zest and juice, and preserved lemon. Season and allow to cool (see Make Ahead).
- Once cool, stir in the remaining ingredients to serve.
Make the salad to the end of step 1 and chill up to 24 hours ahead in an
airtight container. Bring to room temperature to finish the recipe.
Rate & review
Or, how about...?
Lamb’s livers in pomegranate glaze with braised buckwheat
Olia Hercules has created an wonderfully simple, but incredibly tasty gluten-free dish using lamb’s livers....
Griddled fennel with anchovies, quail eggs and buckwheat
A robust salad recipe, made with a flavoursome mix of griddled fennel, boiled quail eggs...
Parma ham, mozzarella and peach salad with buckwheat and quinoa
If you’ve never tried peaches in a salad, you need to try Ghillie James’ wonderful...
More food for thought...
Subscribe to our magazine
Subscribe to delicious. magazine for HALF PRICESubscribe
Join our newsletter
Packed with menu ideas, recipes, latest competitions and more...