Fruit and herb buckwheat salad
- July 2018
- Serves 8
- Hands-on time 20 min
An easy fruit and herb buckwheat salad that can easily be made ahead of time, ready for a summery picnic or gathering.
- Dairy-free recipes
- Gluten-free recipes
- Vegan recipes
- Vegetarian recipes
- 10.8g (1.5g saturated)
- 47.1g (7.9g sugars)
- 375g buckwheat
- 1 good quality vegetable stock cube
- 4 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tbsp pomegranate molasses
- Grated zest and juice ½ lemon
- 1 preserved lemon, pulp removed and discarded, finely chopped (we used Belazu, from Sainsbury’s and Waitrose)
- 75g golden raisins
- 75g green olives, roughly chopped
- 50g shelled unsalted pistachios, roughly chopped
- Handful fresh mint leaves, chopped
- Small handful fresh dill, chopped
- Put the buckwheat in a large pan with the stock cube, cover with cold water and cook according to the buckwheat pack instructions. Put in a bowl and allow to cool a little. Stir in the olive oil, pomegranate molasses, lemon zest and juice, and preserved lemon. Season and allow to cool (see Make Ahead).
- Once cool, stir in the remaining ingredients to serve.
Make the salad to the end of step 1 and chill up to 24 hours ahead in an
airtight container. Bring to room temperature to finish the recipe.
Rate & review
Or, how about...?
Lamb’s livers in pomegranate glaze with braised buckwheat
Olia Hercules has created an wonderfully simple, but incredibly tasty gluten-free dish using lamb’s livers....
Griddled fennel with anchovies, quail eggs and buckwheat
A robust salad recipe, made with a flavoursome mix of griddled fennel, boiled quail eggs...
Parma ham, mozzarella and peach salad with buckwheat and quinoa
If you’ve never tried peaches in a salad, you need to try Ghillie James’ wonderful...